You Already Know The Benefits....
- Clothes and linens are cleaner, softer and last longer.
- Requires 50% less laundry detergent, soap, and dishwashing detergent, saving you money.
- Dishes, silverware and glasses are "shiny-clean".
- Virtually eliminates spots, streaks and scum on fixtures, tubs and showers.
- Leaves skin feeling smoother after showering, shaving and washing.
- Makes hair softer and more manageable.
- Reduces soap scum and residue on showers, tubs and sinks.
- Increases water heater efficiency by almost 30%, reducing fuel costs.
- Improves water flow and pressure by eliminating build-up in pipes.
- Protects everything water touches in your life.
Bathing with soap in hard water (before it's treated with a water softener) leaves a film of sticky soap curd on the skin. The film may prevent removal of soil and bacteria. Soap curd interferes with the return of skin to its normal, slightly acid condition, and may lead to irritation. Soap curd on hair may make it dull, lifeless and difficult to manage.
Hard water also contributes to inefficient and costly operation of water-using appliances. Heated hard water forms a scale of calcium and magnesium minerals (limescale deposits) that can contribute to the inefficient operation or failure of water-using appliances. Pipes can become clogged with scale that reduces water flow and ultimately requires pipe replacement. Limescale has been known to increase energy bills by up to 25%.
For additional information or to arrange for any of these services, please contact Roughrider Electric Cooperative Service Center at 748-2293. Normal Business hours are, Monday through Friday, 7:30 - 4:00 central time.