What are the first steps for getting a new service?
- First, we need the member to fill out a request for power form. It’s found on our website here.
- Residential members also need to fill out the “Application for Membership and Contract for Service” located here.
- If the new service is for a residential home, please specify the KW size of the future home’s furnace on the request form.
- Once the paperwork is completed and turned in, our engineer will come and stake the project. Based on the staking, we will put together a contract and bid that will be sent back to the member to be signed and returned to us. If the member decides to cancel the project based on the price, they will only receive a staking fee.
- After we receive the signed contract and check, we will get the project on our construction list.
What are some things that consumers need to do before Roughrider can stake the location?
- All dirt moving and ground leveling must be completed.
- Clearly mark where the consumer would like the transformer placed.
What is the timeframe for staking and construction?
The time depends on how many services we have in process and the weather and ground conditions. We generally expect staking to take 4-6 weeks and construction to take at least that long.
Who is the field contact for the inspections and field work?
Do electricians need to contact Roughrider for an inspection before the secondary conduits are backfilled?